Battle of the bulge: Stopping childhood obesity
We’re talking in-depth about that less-than-flattering report card on Oklahoma’s obesity problem.
Right now over 30 percent of Oklahomans are medically obese.
But if current trends continue, two-thirds of Oklahomans will be obese by the year 2030.
Everyone agrees that helping children maintain a healthy weight is a crucial factor in our battle against the bulge.
One person who has devoted years to studying the subject of childhood obesity is author and educator Dayle Hayes.
She’s in town to speak at the “Oklahoma Action for Healthy Kids” seminar sponsored by OU Children’s Physicians.
She shared a few simple things everyone can do to help fight childhood obesity.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him