Lightning sparks house fire, $16K in damage
OKLAHOMA CITY — An early morning house fire has left one man homeless.
The fire sparked about 1 a.m. Wednesday in the 7700 block of N.W. 113th St., near N.W. 122nd St. and Council.
A neighbor called 911 from across the street after spotting the house on fire.
One resident was home asleep at the time of the fire; he escaped uninjured.
Firefighters suspect a lightning strike caused the fire which began in the chimney.
Fire investigators estimate the damage to be about $16,000.
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online
- GRAPHIC LANGUAGE: Okla. Air Force Base declares controversial steak restaurant "off limits"