Lightning sparks house fire, $16K in damage
OKLAHOMA CITY — An early morning house fire has left one man homeless.
The fire sparked about 1 a.m. Wednesday in the 7700 block of N.W. 113th St., near N.W. 122nd St. and Council.
A neighbor called 911 from across the street after spotting the house on fire.
One resident was home asleep at the time of the fire; he escaped uninjured.
Firefighters suspect a lightning strike caused the fire which began in the chimney.
Fire investigators estimate the damage to be about $16,000.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'