Former OU player arrested in Chicago
CHICAGO — A former OU football star was arrested in Chicago Monday.
The Chicago Tribune is reporting Tommie Harris was taken into custody just before midnight.
He’s accused of misdemeanor indecent exposure, urinating in public and simple assault. The alleged assault was for threatening a police officer.
After playing for OU, Harris was the number one draft pick for the Chicago Bears in 2004.
He was a three-time pro-bowler but was released from the team nearly two years ago.
A year later, Harris’ wife, Ashley, passed away at the age of 29.
Harris is scheduled to appear in court later this month.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him