Man wants change after losing wife, toddler in accident
MACOMB, Okla. — A fiery crash in Macomb leaves four people dead and now a family member is speaking out about why he thinks it happened.
Travis Palmer lost his wife and child in the accident.
Laurie Ann Murphy-Palmer, 36, and 2-year-old Macie Grace Palmer were killed Saturday morning when their truck collided with an RV.
It happened on US 177 just two miles north of Highway 59.
Palmer said he was just a mile away.
“I was working down the road here,” he said. “She was coming to pick me up but she never showed up so me and her sister went looking for her and drove up on the scene.”
A couple in their late seventies from Texas died in the RV.
It was a fiery scene on what Palmer said is a dangerous stretch of road.
“You get these cars coming over the hill and they start passing people and if they come over the hill passing people they can’t see this intersection here,” he said.
He is hoping state officials will take a look at this area of road and see if anything can be done.
He is also hoping time will heal his heart.
“Right now there’s really no comfort in it,” he said. “It’s kind of starting to hit me each day that it’s actually real.”
The accident remains under investigation.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him