News Writer: Part-Time
POSITION TITLE: Part Time News Writer
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary purpose of the Part Time News Writer is to write and gather information for highly produced newscasts, to assist with Assignment desk duties and to rip scripts and roll TelePrompTer for daily newscasts.
- Writes news stories for daily newscasts
- Rips scripts & rolls TelePrompTer for daily newscasts
- Submits story ideas daily
- Must be available to work station promotion events
- Contributes recommendations on daily story coverage & special assignments
- Above average demonstrable writing and communications skills
- Ability to work 365 days per year, 24 hours per day.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure & deadlines
- Must keep up with local, state, national & international events. Watch local TV news when possible.
- Must work individually, as well as part of a team
- Assist on Assignment desk as needed. Must be able to hear scanners, answer phones and direct crews to news events
- File copies of daily newscasts and keep printer area supplied with paper & printers loaded with paper
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRMENTS:
- A proven journalistic talent for news writing.
- Ability to type, operate police scanner, handle news telephones and other such equipment.
- Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License (or able to get one).
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
|Email resumes to: email@example.com|
Mail resumes to: