Suspects on loose after carjacking, beating man
OKLAHOMA CITY — The three men attacked who a man and left him on the side of the road are still on the loose.
Wednesday suspects carjacked a man at N.W. 10th St. and Virginia Dr. near N. Meridian Ave.
Neighbors watched as a red BMW came to a screeching halt.
Trevor Hopkins, 19, was thrown from his own vehicle.
He told police it started a few blocks away when he was flagged down by a man who seemed like he might have a question.
He said when he rolled down the window the man punched him in the face and in the rear view mirror he saw two more men heading for his car.
Hopkins said they beat him, pinned him down in the backseat and drove off.
“He came running over here,” Debbie Larkin said. “His face was all red, you could clearly see where he had been hit. I gave him my cell phone to call police.”
Hopkins told police the men who have his wallet threatened to go to his family’s home.
A patrol car was sent for their protection.
The stolen car is a red, 2005 BMW X3 with Texas tags and a Kanakuk Kamps plate.
Anyone with information on this carjacking is asked to call Oklahoma City Police.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger