Big 12 apology?
OKLAHOMA CITY — According to published reports, an official with the Big 12 may have apologized for the outcome of last weekend’s OSU v. Texas game.
The Big 12 conference head of officials Walt Anderson reportedly called OSU head coach Mike Gundy to apologize for the controversial call that put Texas on top 41 to 36.
Sources say Anderson apologized profusely and admitted that the running back from Texas did indeed fumble the ball before crossing the goal line and that the touchdown call was made prematurely and without proper view of the ball.
Big 12 officials stated even though the original call was blown the original replay decision was correct and there was no clear evidence to overturn the touchdown.
The Big 12 has denied reports of an apology.
- WATCH: Possibly the best home Christmas light show EVER and it's right here in Oklahoma
- Naked, wet man found in guitar case near frozen pond in eastern Oklahoma
- Best Flight Ever: Canadian airliner made passengers' Christmas wishes come true
- UPDATE: Colorado high school shooting suspect, a male student, found dead inside school
- UPDATE: Protesters stage mock oil spill outside Devon Tower, chain selves to revolving doors