Victim identified in deadly shooting
OKLAHOMA CITY—Police say they are still searching for suspects connected to Friday night’s deadly shooting.
Officers were called to the 1600 block of N.W. 15th St. just before 10 p.m. Friday night after neighbors say they heard about five gunshots.
When police arrived, they found the body of 51-year-old Lorinda Frans.
Frans suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the chest.
Authorities say Frans and her boyfriend were inside the home when they heard someone trying to break into their car.
When they went outside, one of the suspects opened fire on the couple.
Capt. Greg Johnston, with the Oklahoma City Police Department, said, “They went out and confronted the two suspects, one of them pulled a firearm from their waistband and started shooting at them.”
Those suspects are still on the loose.
If you have any information on the crime, you are asked to call police.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger