OKLAHOMA CITY — Seven Oklahoma City playgrounds are being closed temporarily after debris was found in the safety surface.
It is a precautionary measure because Parks crews found foreign objects in the playgrounds’ safety surface material (engineered wood fiber).
Objects include pieces of plastic, metal, roofing materials and material used in insulation.
The playgrounds being closed include:
- Douglas Park, 500 NW 47th St.
- Lake Draper Concession, SE 104 & W. Stanley Draper
- Lake Draper North Point, Pt. 10 Recreation Area
- Route 66 Park, 9901 NW 23rd St.
- Washington Park, 400 N. High
- Woodrun Park, 4 N Willowood Dr.
- Youngs Park, 4610 S Youngs
Engineered wood fiber surfacing has been used by the Parks and Recreation Department for many years and is an industry-standard material.
The surfacing used in the closed playgrounds was from a recent delivery made from a new contractor with the city.