Man hit, killed walking across I-40
YUKON, Okla. — Traffic was backed up for much of the morning commute on the west side of Oklahoma City as authorities investigated a deadly crash on I-40.
About 5 a.m. a vehicle struck a man walking across the interstate at Garth Brooks Boulevard.
Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers say the man had a run in with police earlier in the evening and had been taken to the hospital.
According to police, the patient left the hospital and was crossing I-40 when he was hit and killed.
The driver of the car was also injured and taken to the hospital.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him