Sam’s Club offers FREE women’s health screenings Saturday
OKLAHOMA CITY — Breast cancer is one of the leading causes of death among women.
One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
In support of women’s health month Sam’s Club is opening its doors to the public for a FREE women’s health screening event.
All Sam’s Club stores with a pharmacy, which includes all Oklahoma City metro stores, will hold the health fair Saturday October 13th from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Sam’s Club is inviting members and non-members to this one-time event.
Sam’s Club expects to give away 25,000 free take-home breast self-exam kits.
The on-site FREE screening program includes testing for:
- Body mass Index
- Blood pressure
- Total cholesterol
- High-density HDL cholesterol
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone
Sam’s Club pharmacist David George said the thyroid testing is particularly important for women, as they face an increased risk for thyroid conditions.
“There can be symptoms with thyroid that women may not realize are due to their thyroid, like weight gain and tiredness. So if they get their thyroid level tested then they can fix those symptoms.” George said.
The Sam’s Club in Lawton does not have a pharmacy, so will not be participating in the one-day event.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him