Sooners gear up for Red River Rivalry road trip
EDMOND, Okla. — This is one of the busiest weekends of the year for the Bedlam Zone in Edmond.
Hundreds of OU fans are gearingmup for the annual Cotton Bowl clash.
Store owne, Diane Smith said, “They are buying anything they can get their hands on that’s crimson and cream.”
Boomer Sooner Ballcaps to T-shirts, 45,000 OU fans will be decked out.
Some of the T’s on the “smack rack” are a bit too much for broadcast.
Smith said, “Definitely not for children. They are pretty funny. I can always tell when customers are at the Smack Rack because of the laughter. It’s fun to read the new T-shirts this year.”
Steve Gregory and his family have been making the 120-mile trip to Dallas for more than a decade.
They leave NO doubt about team allegiance.
Smith said, “Our car has flags and decals. We are ready to go.”
Tailgating? No problem. The Bedlam Zone place has every OU novelty you can imagine.
Smith told us, “We have tents, chairs, coozies, coolers, we’ve got it all, everything.”
OU fans like Steve Gregory are prepared for everything, especially a Red River victory.
“Who’s going to win this game? Why would you even ask that? Definitely OU, by at least 14 points,” Gregory said.
Should OU lose, The Bedlam Zone even has Band-aids to heal those wounded Sooner fans.
Let’s hope we don’t need them.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him