Severe weather expected for OKC metro area
It’s not uncommon to have tornado watches and warnings issued in October and the National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for many counties near the Oklahoma City metro for Saturday evening.
The combination of humid conditions and above-average air temperature for this time of year, along with a line of storms canvassing most of the state from this morning on, are responsible for the watches.
Get our 4Warn Me app for live streaming weather coverage on your smartphone.
Available for iPhone and Android.
– Severe Weather Push Notifications
– Live Streaming Weather Coverage
– Tornado Safety Tips
– Send photos to KFOR-TV
– Radar, satellite and other weather images
Stay 4Warned with the 4Warn Storm Team:
FREE 4Warn Me App: 4Warn Weather App
FREE Text Alerts: 4Warn Text Alerts
FREE Phone Alerts: 4Warn Phone Call Alerts
Live Radar: Weather in your area
Closings: Weather closings
Storm Safety Info:
- Hospitals are not public storm shelters
- Above-ground safe rooms need to be able to withstand 200+ mph winds
- Make sure you have a storm plan. What is your safe place? Where will you go?
- Charge all mobile devices
- Bring food, water, clothing, etc…
- Have battery-operated radio with you in case power is out and cell service isn’t available
- Do not go near downed power lines