Wreck closes lanes on Broadway Ext.
OKLAHOMA CITY — A morning accident sent one driver to the hospital.
The wreck happened about 3:45 a.m. near the 50th Street exit on I-235.
Both lanes of northbound traffic were closed for a short time as authorities cleaned up the wreckage and began their investigation.
Police say a man driving a minivan slammed into the concrete barrier with such force that the vehicle broke the concrete.
The vehicle spun out after impact, landing in the middle of lanes of traffic.
There was significant damage to the vehicle.
The man was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police suspect alcohol may be a factor in the crash.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him