Glitch leaves metro businesses without phone service
OKLAHOMA CITY — Some metro businesses were left without phone service because of a major glitch involving Cox Communications.
Some Cox customers were without phone service all day Tuesday.
The company 1-800-2-Sell-Homes had nearly a dozen phone lines that were out of service.
Company spokesperson Paulette Kingston said they noticed the problem first thing Tuesday morning.
“The phones drive our business so we have a tough situation,” Kingston said.
A Cox official did not say how many businesses were affected.
The company put into place a critical response plan to fix the problem as soon as possible.
Many local businesses informed customers about the phone problem through Facebook and Twitter.
Cox provided every phone line with a pre-recorded message to let customers know that the problem would be fixed.
Service to most if not all businesses has been restored.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring