Police catch blow-up doll bandit
STILLWATER, Okla. – Police said Jessie Allen Smith was looking for love in all the wrong places.
Store Manager Candace Gray said Allen was posing as a legitimate late-night customer.
“As soon as my clerk rings up a magazine, the guy runs behind the counter and puts a knife to his throat and threatens to stab him to death,” Gray said. “He grabs the doll, magazines and money and runs out.”
Witnesses said Mr. Smith looked nothing like his recent mug shot.
He went to the Halloween section, grabbed a stringy wig and used it as his disguise.
Moments after fleeing the store, Payne County deputies spotted him and gave chase.
The five-mile pursuit ended in a violent crash at 12th and Jardot.
A very stubborn Smith survived the collision and was hauled off to jail after two jolts from a tazer.
Police said they have all the evidence they need to convict including the knife, the wig and of course, one “deceased” blow up doll.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse