Charges filed against burglar shot by child
CALERA, Okla.—Charges have been filed against a man who was shot by a 12-year-old last week in Bryan County.
According to a police affidavit, the little girl was at home when her doorbell rang.
When no one answered, police say 32-year-old Stacey Adam Jones kicked in the back door and made his way inside the home.
The 12-year-old then grabbed a gun and hid inside a bathroom closet.
When Jones turned the doorknob, she fired through the door and called 911.
Authorities say he ran off but was quickly captured and taken to a hospital in Texas.
Jones will be arrested once he is released from the hospital.
Officials say Jones is charged with first-degree burglary.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger