OCPD officer involved in shooting with teen suspect
OKLAHOMA CITY — Oklahoma City Police are conducting an internal investigation after one officer is involved in a shooting with a teen suspect.
Two men are behind bars.
One suspect is in the hospital.
About 10 p.m. Sunday night officers with the Oklahoma City Police gang unit saw three men driving recklessly near SW 59th and Agnew.
The officers followed the car a short time and attempted to make a traffic stop.
However, police say the suspect vehicle refused to pull over.
After a short chase an 18-year-old suspect and two others bailed out of their moving vehicle and took off running.
Police say the officer shot the teen after the suspect pulled out a gun.
The suspect was taken to the hospital.
The other two suspects were taken into custody without incident.
The officer who fired is on administrative leave pending the completion of an internal investigation.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him