DHS to help with heating bills
OKLAHOMA CITY—The Oklahoma weather has changed again and has many residents turning up their heaters this time of year.
Along with the dip in temperatures come higher heating bills.
Fortunately, help is available for those who qualify for home heating assistance.
DHS will begin taking applications for their Low-Income Energy Assistance Program, known as LIHEAP, beginning Dec. 1.
Organizers say that many households that are currently receiving public assistance through DHS will be automatically authorized and won’t have to apply.
However, that is not the case for all households on public assistance.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich