Del City police look for suspects in violent robberies
DEL CITY, Okla. – Store surveillance video caught both of them on tape; a man and woman police said held up the Walgreens on 29th St. and the CVS on S.E. 44th St.
They robbed both stores within the last week and police said the two wanted drugs.
“The male subject in these robberies is simply saying ‘opiates’ over and over and demanding to know where these pills are at,” Del City Police Capt. Jody Suit said.
Police said the man fired shots during the robbery each time but no one was hurt.
“It does concern us because it’s very violent whenever they use a firearm to begin with and secondly, when they fire it into a crowded area,” Suit said. “They don’t show any fear at all of being identified or caught. They didn’t wear masks so we are very surprised. It’s not usual in this situation.”
Police have now released a sketch of the male suspect and hope someone can identify him.
Meanwhile, other businesses in the area are on alert.
“We have cameras in every aspect of this store except the restrooms,” Terry Short said, the manager of a store close to the CVS. “Everything is videoed. Audio and video,” said
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Del City police department.Submit Your Photo
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'