Lawyers give away 5,000 turkeys
OKLAHOMA CITY — One in six Oklahomans struggles with hunger every single day.
For the third year a group of 100 Oklahoma law firms has raised $78,000 to give away 5,000 Thanksgiving turkeys to needy families.
The turkey give-away began about 11 a.m. Thursday at the McIntyre Law Firm near SW 86th and Western.
Thousands of families lined-up and waited hours for a free turkey.
Attorney Noble McIntyre spear-headed the project.
“Of all the lawyers I know, none of us is going to miss a meal; none of us. There’s a lot of hunger. There’s a lot of hunger in Oklahoma. We have a duty to give back.” said McIntyre.
McIntyre partnered with the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma and the co-founder of Lawyers Against Hunger, David Bernstein.
“It’s an awesome feeling. I find the more you give the more you get back. It’s just an awesome feeling.” said Bernstein.
Here’s a full list of the turkey give-aways sponsored by Lawyers Against Hunger:
- November 14th Oklahoma City McIntyre Law Offices 8601 S. Western Ave.
- November 14th El Reno El Reno Fire Dept 2707 Faith Ave.
- November 15th Norman Bernstein Law Office 104 W. Gray Street
- November 16th Tulsa Iron Gate Ministries 501 S. Cincinnati
Oklahoma is among the top five states in the nation for the number of families who go hungry.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online