Man arrested on DUI with baby on board
BETHANY, Okla. – It began as a routine, late-night traffic stop.
An Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Deputy was patrolling N.W. 23rd St. and Ann Arbor Ave. in Bethany when he spotted an SUV fly through the intersection.
According to court records, Hubert Lake was seen driving north on Ann Arbor around 12:30 a.m. Saturday.
Deputies clocked him at 60 miles per hour in this residential school zone.
When they pulled him over, speed was the least of their concerns.
The affidavit states Lake had ” bloodshot and watery eyes.”
He admitted he’d had “a few glasses of red wine and some Lost Lake beer.”
The 42-year-old man even confessed he had taken prescription muscle relaxers earlier in the evening.
Sheriff’s Department Spokesman Mark Myers said, “Anytime you talk about muscle relaxers and getting behind the wheel, that’s bad enough by themselves. Toss in alcohol on top of that and it’s a very dangerous situation.”
It gets even worse.
Also in the car, Lake’s teenage girlfriend and her 19-month-old daughter.
Investigators said the pills and booze were a recipe for disaster.
“This is a bad deal all the way around,” Myers said. “Obviously you should never get behind the wheel after drinking but he endangered his life, another adult and a child; it’s unthinkable.”
Lake is facing several charges including a felony, child endangerment.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger