Fire takes all from Newcastle family of six
NEWCASTLE, Okla. — In sixty minutes, a house fire destroyed the home of a family of six in McClain County.
The fire at the Lovejoy’s home burned for more than an hour, Saturday.
“I was shocked,” father Frankie Lovejoy said. “I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know what I was going to do with my kids.”
Frankie and Brandi Lovejoy have four children: Marissa, 12, Jake, 9, Shane, 7, and Mackienzie, 5.
“We don’t have anything left,” Brandi said. “They said there’s nothing salvageable in the house. The kids are all asthmatics. They said we couldn’t get the smell out.”
The biggest problem for the Lovejoys is they are under-insured.
They only had insurance for the dwelling and they are $22,000 under the value of the home.
They had no insurance for the contents of their home.
It is a horrible time of year to be without.
The Lovejoys do not know where they will spend Christmas.
“Definitely not in our home,” Brandi said. “There’s no tree. There’s no presents here.”
The Lovejoys do feel thankful they were not home when the fire sparked.
They own the land on which their home is built, three acres in Newcastle where they hope to re-build.
The Newcastle community is coming together to help the family of six.
The owner of a local t-shirt shop is organizing donation efforts.
All donations are being accepted at “The Right Stuff” store on N.W. 16th Street in Newcastle.
The Lovejoys are in need of clothes, furniture, toys and toiletries, all donations are appreciated.
The family has set up a fund at the Bank of Verden in Newcastle.
Here’s some additional info if you are interested in purchasing clothing/toy items for the children:
- Marissa, 12, wears size 5 juniors pants and medium size 7/9 shirts. She loves horses and Taylor Swift.
- Jake, 9, wears boys size 10/12. He loves sports and video games.
- Shane, 7, wears boys size 8. He loves super heroes and sports.
- Mackienzie, 5, wears girls size 7. She loves Barbies and baby dolls.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich