“Right to work” legislation approved in Mich.
DETROIT, Mich.—A place where labor unions were always a common thing is on the verge of becoming a “right to work” state.
Both Houses of the Michigan legislature approved “right to work” legislation.
Gov. Rick Snyder says he will sign the new laws by the end of the week, which would make membership in a union voluntary.
Pro-union groups are not happy but say they plan on challenging the new laws in court.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom