The end of Twinkies may be near
CHICAGO, Ill.—If you have a craving for a Twinkie, you could be too late.
A grocery store chain in Chicago is selling what may be the last shipment of Twinkies in the country.
Jewel-Osco put about 20,000 boxes of Twinkies and other Hostess snacks on shelves at more than 150 stores Tuesday.
The products are being sold at regular price with no limits on how many customers can buy.
A spokesman for the grocer’s parent company said Hostess called and asked if it wanted any of the remaining stock at from one of the plants in Georgia.
The chain told Hostess that it wanted it all.
In case you didn’t know, Hostess is going out of business and selling all of its assets.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring