Gunman opens fire in Ore. mall, kills 2 others
PORTLAND,Ore.—Families and friends are still in shock after a gunman opens fire inside an Oregon shopping center, killing two people.
Police were called to the Clackamas Town Center, near Portland, when they received reports of a rifle-wielding suspect inside the mall.
Witnesses say a man dressed in camouflage and a mask opened fire several times in various stores throughout the mall.
Most shoppers headed for the exits, while others tried to corral as many people as possible into dressing rooms and other hidden areas.
Officers say while workers were trying to get shoppers to safety, off-duty emergency room nurses helped treat the victims.
Authorities say two people died and one other person was severely injured from the shooting.
The gunman also died at the scene from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Police say the people he targeted had no connection to him and were total strangers.
Officials have since identified the shooter as 22-year-old Jacob Tyler Roberts.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'