High-speed chase reaches 100+ mph through Edmond, Guthrie
EDMOND, Okla. – Police have arrested the suspect after a high-speed chase through Edmond and Guthrie, reaching over 100 miles per hour Wednesday afternoon.
OKC police said the chase began after they pulled over 46-year-old Tony Youmans near N.E. 122nd St. and I-35.
OKC Police Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said just as the officer was concluding the stop, he found drugs in Youmans’ car.
Youmans quickly sprinted back to his car and the chase ensued.
OKC police joined by the Okla. Highway Patrol followed him north on Highway 77 through Edmond into Guthrie where he pulled over.
He was arrested without incident.
Sgt. Wardlow said it appeared Youmans threw drugs out of the car during the pursuit.Submit Your Photo
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns