Mustang couple thankful for Good Samaritan
MUSTANG, Okla. – The Christmas tree is already up at the Fischer house in Mustang and there are a few presents under the tree.
There are more to come thanks to the kindness of a stranger.
“A lot of Christmases we don’t have a lot to get gifts for the kids so we’re really focusing on getting them gifts this year,” Heather said.
That’s why Heather and Chris put a few hundred dollars worth of toys on layaway for their three kids at the Walmart store in Yukon.
The couple said they would figure out a way to pay the bill somehow.
Then came a surprise voice-mail message; someone had paid off the entire bill.
It’s a trend happening all over the country.
“A random man walked in and said, ‘Pick two people’ and he paid off their layaways and ours was one of them,” Heather said.
She and Chris want to say “thank you” to the person who paid the bill.
“You are a reminder of what humanity can be,” Chris said.
He and his wife said they will have a much merrier Christmas thanks to the kindness of a person they’ve never met.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich