Susan Rice withdraws name for Sec. of State
Susan Rice has withdrawn her name from consideration to be America’s next Secretary of State.
The embattled United Nations ambassador told Pres. Obama in a letter that any confirmation process would be “lengthy, disruptive, and costly.”
The 48-year-old Rice added she’s saddened by the partisan politics that had erupted over her candidacy.
The ambassador has long been a close adviser to Pres. Obama and was considered a favorite to succeed Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State.
Sen. John Kerry is now considered a strong contender to be nominated for the position.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts