Stove starts overnight apartment fire
OKLAHOMA CITY – An apartment building was evacuated early Thursday morning after someone left food on the stove.
Around 4 a.m. multiple fire agencies raced to the McGuire Plaza Building near N.E. 12th St. and Lottie Ave. after someone called and reported smoke.
The smoke was reported on the third or fourth floor, so all 162 people inside that apartment building were evacuated as a precaution.
Crews worked fast and determined the smoke was caused by food on the stove.
One person did need to go to the hospital for smoke inhalation but no other injuries were reported.
Those crews have since left and those residents are back home this morning!
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him