Stove starts overnight apartment fire
OKLAHOMA CITY – An apartment building was evacuated early Thursday morning after someone left food on the stove.
Around 4 a.m. multiple fire agencies raced to the McGuire Plaza Building near N.E. 12th St. and Lottie Ave. after someone called and reported smoke.
The smoke was reported on the third or fourth floor, so all 162 people inside that apartment building were evacuated as a precaution.
Crews worked fast and determined the smoke was caused by food on the stove.
One person did need to go to the hospital for smoke inhalation but no other injuries were reported.
Those crews have since left and those residents are back home this morning!
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online