Tinker AFB reservists host Christmas party for vets
NORMAN, Okla. — Veterans were treated to a little bit of Christmas cheer as Santa paid a visit to the Norman Veterans Center Friday afternoon.
In full Santa fashion, he brought gifts for all the veterans, candy and even a bit of food to enjoy.
Many of these vets are over 85-years-old and served in WWII and Korea were not expecting this type of a surprise.
Jessamine Sheilds, a World War II Navy nurse, said, “They said we were going to have a party and I just thought well, it’s a little party and then we came in and there are all these people here and it’s just marvelous.”
The men and women of the 507th at Tinker Air Force Base sponsored this party, providing Santa, the gifts and the food.
Sr. Master Sgt. Robert Gaspar said, “To me, there is not much more that says Christmas than doing this.”
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger