OKC Thunder lose a close one in Miami on Christmas evening
MIAMI — The OKC Thunder’s Christmas wish didn’t come true last night. Stoked by memories of a 2011-2012 NBA Finals rematch, the Miami Heat turned it up a bit to defeat the OKC Thunder 103-97 Christmas night.
Tempers were flaring – including from LeBron James and Kevin Durant – and fice technical fouls were called throughout the game. Even Russell Westbrook let out a little steam with some table punching.
Durant’s 33 points and Westbrook’s 21 was not enough to stop Miami’s heat, as a couple of clutch 3-pointers from the OKC stars went missed in the last few seconds, both potential game-tyers.
The Thunder-Heat matchup saw Miami’s largest home crowd – 20,300 – since it moved into the America Airlines arena in Miami.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him