Deadly Shooting and Break-in At Clinton Home Possibly Connected
CLINTON – A family is demanding answers after a loved one was shot and killed early Thursday morning. Jessica Kaulay, 35, was rushed to Clinton Integris Hospital where she later died, investigators said.
The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said Kaulay and Shawn Spottedwolf, 26, were shot at a home off the 1800 block of Hunt Street around 2 am. Spottedwolf was injured, but will survive. Jonathan Kaulay, Jessica’s brother, and other family members gathered outside the home Thursday afternoon.
“You missed out, you missed out on meeting a good person,” Kaulay said.
The OSBI and Clinton Police are investigating a connection between the shooting and a break-in less than an hour later. Authorities arrested Samuel Keeto, 22, after he was caught breaking into a home just a few blocks from the shooting. Investigators have not revealed why these two crimes may be connected.
Keeto was booked into jail for first-degree burglary. No one has been arrested in connection to the shooting.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online