Fishy mystery at an Okla. state park
LONE WOLF, Okla. – An Oklahoma state park is dealing with a stinky mystery.
Dead fish have been showing up by the hundreds along the shore of the lake at Quartz Mountain State Park.
Park officials said they’re not sure why or how the fish died but believe it is from natural causes, not something man-made.
The State Wildlife Department is planning to visit the park to conduct tests to see what is behind the die-off.
The lake remains open although it’s not exactly a good spot right now for a stroll beside the water.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger