Woman injured, home destroyed in SW OKC explosion
OKLAHOMA CITY – One woman has minor injuries after her home exploded in southwest Oklahoma City Thursday afternoon.
Currently, authorities tell us a gas leak may be the cause for the home explosion.
Fire crews have controlled the fire that destroyed her house on the 2400 block of S.W. 92nd St.
Fire crews said the woman was in the kitchen baking cookies when the explosion happened.
An Oklahoma Natural Gas employee somehow managed to rescue her from the home.
At least three other homes on the street were significantly damaged.
Residents said there was a heavy smell of gas in the air and ONG was called out.
Sometime after that the home exploded.
Officials were evacuating residents in the area because of the gas leak.
We are told the leak has since been controlled.Submit Your Photo
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns