The primary responsibilities of the Receptionist are to answer and properly handle all incoming calls, greet and assist all visitors to the station, and some clerical duties. This job requires the ability to make a positive, first impression in person or on the phone.
Oklahoma City – 73114
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Good communication skills.
2. Outstanding and outgoing personality.
3. Enjoys working with the public.
4. Knowledge of telephone etiquette and ability to handle difficult callers.
5. Ability to interpret needs of incoming callers and questions.
6. Excellent organizational skills.
7. Performance of basic computer skills, including knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
1. Handles incoming calls to the station, taking messages or connecting as directed.
2. Greets visitors to the station and notifies the appropriate employee of their visitor.
3. Signs guests in and issues visitors badges.
4. Receives packages and mail from messengers and notifies recipient.
5. Answers viewer questions regarding station programming, promotions and events.
6. Keeps various calls in logs.
7. Performs clerical support services for other departments as needed.
8. Process Mr. Food requests.
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g. , emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Interested applicants should apply online at http://www.tribunemedia.com/#/?page_id=15562. Filter the Job search by location, US-OK-Oklahoma City, to view all open positions at KFOR.
KFOR/KAUT is an Equal Opportunity Employer