IYC Update: Crooked Contractor
GUTHRIE, OKLA. – Our In Your Corner team has new details involving an Oklahoma con man.
Last year we exposed Perry Epley for his shady ways.
A number of customers say he was supposed to build them a new metal storage building, but he flaked out on the job and stole their cash!
“That’s a habitual criminal,” Dave Ridgell said. “Get him off the street.”
Homeowners like Ridgell and Michelle McKnight are out tens of thousands of dollars.
They say Epley skipped town with their money.
“He is robbing people,” Michelle said. “It’s no different than walking up to the house, breaking in the door and stealing from somebody.”
Epley has a slew of felony convictions under his belt.
Plus more pending fraud cases in Oklahoma, Logan, and Rogers counties.
For the past few months we’ve been working with lawman to find the fugitive.
The In Your Corner team has learned authorities finally nabbed him at his home in Seminole County.
He’s since been transported to the Logan County Jail where he’s awaiting his next court date later this month.
We’ll keep you posted.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns