Boston offers free shots to stop the flu
BOSTON, Mass.—As the flu continues to spread across the country, health departments are taking matters into their own hands.
In Boston, things are so bad the department is giving out free flu shots to anyone who walks in the door.
More than 20 clinics are set up throughout the city to encourage more people to get vaccinated.
Just this weekend, around 7,000 people took advantage of the vaccines.
In Oklahoma, health departments across the state offer free vaccines to the elderly or low-income residents.
Also, most private insurance companies will cover the flu shot for free.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns