Coca-Cola takes on obesity in ad campaign
AKRON, Ohio—A company that you might not expect is addressing the nation’s obesity problem in a new series of television advertisements.
Coca-Cola launched two ads today looking at the link between high-calorie sugared drinks and obesity.
The advertisements promote the world’s number one beverage maker promote Coke’s product line of low-calorie drinks.
It also stresses that weight gain is the result of consuming too many calories of any kind, not just soda.
The company says the ads are part of a larger campaign that looks at fighting obesity, including exercise and more diet options at soda fountains.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger