Former mayor to develop new area downtown
OKLAHOMA CITY – Officials revealed a plan for a new residential and commercial area to be developed at the former downtown Oklahoma City Airpark.
Former Mayor Kirk Humphreys purchased the 86 acres, about a mile from downtown, six years ago with her partners.
Since then, the Humphreys’ company has been cleaning up some areas found to be contaminated through a government program that cleans old industrial site.
Monday the old airpark got a clean bill of health so now the land is ready to be redeveloped.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse