George H.W. Bush released from hospital
WASHINGTON (CNN) – Former President George H.W. Bush has been released from the hospital after spending more than a month in a Houston hospital.
He was treated for bronchitis, a bacterial infection and a persistent cough, according to a spokesman.
Bush’s son and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush told a crowd in Vero Beach on Saturday that his father was expected to be released Monday, according to TCPalm.com.
The 41st president was hospitalized on Nov. 23 for bronchitis and remained there while doctors monitored a lingering cough.
He has also suffered from “a stubborn fever,” McGrath said last week.
While in the hospital, Bush has cheered on the Texas A&M and the Houston Texans football teams to victories and enjoyed a special performance by the Oak Ridge Boys via telephone.
His exchanges with doctors and nurses have included singing, McGrath said.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse