Cemetery Shocker: Body Stolen
DETROIT — Police in Detroit, Michigan say a coffin was stolen from the Gethsemane Cemetery before workers had a chance to bury the body. Sources say someone is trying to resurrect the man inside.
Police believe a purple pick-up and a white van drove out with the coffin on Monday. Workers at the cemetery had nothing to say about the incident.
Sources inside the Detroit Police Department say the elderly man’s casket was awaiting burial. His service had already happened on Saturday but drenching rains on Sunday delayed the burial.
Police say the van and truck rolled into the cemetery and took the coffin at gunpoint. Inside the purple truck , the 43-year-old son of the deceased man.
Police and friends say the son believes he has the power to resurrect his father.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him