Donation puts plans for UCO boathouse in motion
EDMOND, Okla.—A large donation is helping one university move forward with its plans to build a boathouse on the Oklahoma River.
MidFirst Bank recently donated $2.5 million to the University of Central Oklahoma Foundation for the CHK/Central Boathouse.
The boathouse will be the home of the Central women’s rowing team and will also include a live music venue, outdoor performance area and an art gallery.
The gift completes the university’s fundraising initiative for the project.
No word on when construction on the boathouse will begin.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring