Okla. counselor charged with Medicaid fraud
OKLAHOMA CITY—A local youth and family counselor gave herself up to authorities Monday after authorities claim she charged the government for counseling sessions that never took place.
Authorities say 30-year-old Misty Bobbie Dee Ellerby, of Langston, was charged with one count of Medicaid fraud for submitting false claims for payment to the Oklahoma Health Care Authority.
Officials say an investigation revealed that Ellerby was billing for counseling sessions that never occurred.
Parents reviewed the records and noted that on some dates, their children were in school when the alleged appointments took place.
Ellerby was employed by Demson Counseling & Associates, Inc., which is no longer in business.
If convicted of fraud, Ellerby could receive up to 3 years in prison, a fine up to $10,000 or three times the amount of claims submitted.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns