President to release gun-safety proposals Wednesday
WASHINGTON, D.C.—While the country is still debating how to prevent gun violence in our society, President Obama announced that he will begin presenting his proposals on gun-safety on Wednesday.
Today, Vice President Joe Biden began presenting the findings of his task force on gun violence to the president.
Last week, Biden met with leaders in various industries to talk about their thoughts on how to curb the violence.
Some of the most anticipated meetings included the National Rifle Association and the Motion Picture Association of America last Thursday.
Friday, he met with the Entertainment Software Association, which represents video game companies.
Over the past week and a half, Biden held closed door meeting with the other members of the task force to find a middle ground.
Members of the task force include Attorney General Eric Holder, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano.
White House spokesman Jay Carney says the president’s proposal on gun violence will be comprehensive and will include legislative options for banning assault weapons.
It is also said to include steps to address high-capacity magazines and federal background checks.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'