Okla. man arrested for threats in Wyoming
OKLAHOMA CITY—An Oklahoma man is behind bars after he allegedly made threats against a small community in Wyoming.
Agents with the Federal Bureau of Investigation say 34-year-old Glenn Kirkham made a threatening post on an internet sites early Monday morning.
Police say the threat was about a “planned attack within one to two hours using small-caliber handguns and other weapons.”
Wyoming police were alerted to the post by concerned citizens and prompted an investigation by the FBI.
Schools were even placed on lockdown for about an hour as crews investigated.
Officials say they believe his post had something to do with the ongoing debate about gun control.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger