Surgeon left 16 items in body after operation
Surgery items left in body - The Daily Mail
A surgeon is accused of leaving 16 items in a German man’s body after a 2009 operation for prostate cancer.
Now the family is suing the hospital for $120,000 to compensate for the alleged mistake.
According to the Daily Mail, 74-year-old Dirk Schroeder suffered ‘appalling agony’ after the procedure.
Within months Schroeder was back in the hospital after a nurse made a shocking discovery, a gauze pad sticking out from his wound.
Later surgeons removed 16 items from the man’s body including a needle, a six-inch roll of bandage, a six-inch compress, a fragment of a surgical mask and swabs, the Daily Mail reported.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him