IYC Update: Pool builder in hot water
OKLAHOMA CITY – A corrupt Oklahoma pool contractor sentenced, again.
We were the first to warn you about Gary Oester and his company, Indigo Custom Pools.
The notorious scammer tricked customers into signing contracts, took their money, then bailed on the job.
Dozens of homeowners in Oklahoma, Canadian and Cleveland counties allege Oester took them to the cleaners.
“It’s hard to sleep,” Misty Egelston said. “How does he sleep at night knowing he’s done this to so many people and we have two young kids.”
Oester won’t be digging any pools anytime soon.
The corrupt contractor is already serving out an eight year sentence for home repair fraud in Logan County.
Thursday, Oester pleaded guilty to ripping off more homeowners in Oklahoma County. A judge tacked on an additional ten years to his sentence.
Oester will serve out his sentences concurrently.
With good behavior and because he’s a white-collar criminal, it’s likely he’ll get an early release, which means he could only be looking at three to four years in prison.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring