Okla. not among top worst bed bug cities
Bed bug problems are on the rise in the U.S. and one company is attributing the infestation issue to increased international travel.
Orkin also said the pests are developing more resistance to pesticides.
According to KDVR, the pest control company said their bed bug business has gone up 33 percent compared to 2011.
Orkin just released its ranking of cities in order of the number of bed bug treatments it performed from January to December 2012.
Chicago leads the group with Detroit and Los Angeles close behind.
No Oklahoma towns made the list but Dallas/Ft. Worth came in at the ninth worst city for bed bugs in the U.S.
Here is Orkin’s list of the top 50 bed bug cities in the U.S. The number in parenthesis is the change in ranking from 2011.
- Chicago (+1)
- Detroit (+1)
- Los Angeles (+2)
- Cincinnati (-4)
- Columbus, Ohio
- Washington, D.C. (+1)
- Cleveland/Akron/Canton (+5)
- Dallas/Ft. Worth (-2)
- New York (-1)
- Dayton, Ohio (+4)
- Richmond/Petersburg, Va. (-2)
- Seattle/Tacoma (+14)
- San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose (-2)
- Raleigh/Durham/Fayetteville, N.C. (+4)
- Indianapolis (+15)
- Omaha, Neb. (+11)
- Houston (-7)
- Milwaukee (+13)
- Baltimore (-2)
- Syracuse, N.Y. (+2)
- Boston (-8)
- Colorado Springs/Pueblo, Colo. (+2)
- Lexington, Ky. (-2)
- Miami/Ft. Lauderdale (-1)
- Hartford/New Haven, Conn. (+10)
- Knoxville, Tenn. (+11)
- Buffalo, N.Y. (+1)
- Atlanta (-8)
- Louisville, Ky. (+5)
- Charleston/Huntington, W. Va. (+18)
- San Diego, Calif. (-6)
- Cedar Rapids/Waterloo, Iowa (+12)
- Minneapolis/St. Paul (+12)
- Phoenix (-1)
- Pittsburgh (-6)
- Honolulu (-19)
- Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo, Mich. (+1)
- Grand Junction/Montrose, Colo. (-1)
- Nashville, Tenn.
- Lincoln/Hastings/Kearney, Neb. (+7)
- Albany/Schenectady/Troy, N.Y. (+2)
- Charlotte (-10)
- Tampa/St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Sacramento/Stockton/Modesto, Calif. (-4)
- Las Vegas (-30)
- Greenville/Spartanburg/Asheville, S.C.
- Champaign/Springfield, Ill.
- Portland, Or.
- Sioux City, Iowa