Dog rescued from frozen Michigan Harbor
CHICAGO—A dog caused some big problems on one of the coldest days of the year in Chicago.
A good Samaritan spotted the dog, trapped on a frozen lake in Michigan Harbor.
The man noticed the pup was having trouble making it back to solid ground and called authorities.
A Marine Unit diver crawled on his stomach to reach the dog.
When they finally connected, the dog was given a tranquilizer to calm it down and make it easier to handle.
Officials say the pooch should be alright and was taken to a shelter in order to see if he has a micro-chip or other identifying information.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him